Best Lean Video Collection: https://www.leanvlog.com
Lean Video Course in PDFs: https://gum.co/yVgz
Telegram Channel: https://t.me/leanvlog
A video to explain how to calculate the Reorder Point in an easy way. Here the link: http://www.leanlab.name/reorder-point-software-excel
1) There is a departement (or more than one) that use a material for production a certain rate
2) The material flow is from the warehouse to the department
3) There is a Buyer/Planner entitled to refill the warehouse by buying from a supplier
4) The goal is to have the stock at a level that avoid stock-out and mantain a resonable inventory level
The Ideal World:
A) The users take frow warehouse at costant rate (i.e. 1 kg / day, 10 lt / week, 1 Pack / h)
B) When the stock is “zero” the supplier insantly refill the stock when the planner give him the information
C) The diagram the show how the real world works is reported in Fig. 1
The Real World:
I) In the real world the user do not consume at constant rate
II) The supplier cannot refill the stock instantly and the planner cannot give the input immediately
III) A certain amount of stock has always be present in the company to avoid stock-out and prodction stopping
How to calculate the right amount of stock?
Discover using our Reorder Point Software:
ツ CONNECT WITH ME ツ
my name is Mark Anderson a 20+ year Lean Expert.
I have created LeanVlog because I want to spread Lean Thinking worldwide and I think the video is the most effective way to teach, learn, and spread knowledge.
If you want to stay in touch with me you can choose the channel you prefer.
A) To Be Updated on the Lean Videos and Communicate
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mary-valente-b83aaa14b/
B) Meet on Facebook
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LeanLab-146290372099121
C) Latest Videos and Playlist
• Website: https://www.leanvlog.com
D) 2 Videos Every Week
• Telegram Channel: https://t.me/leanvlog