Watch the full-length video for FREE at http://businessanalysisexperts.com/product/how-to-start-dataflow-diagram-dfd/
This KnowledgeKnugget is part of the 18 lecture eCourse “Data Flow Diagrams Simply Put!”.Take this self-paced course at http://businessanalysisexperts.com/product/ecourse-data-flow-diagrams-context-model/.
Prefer reading? Try the book version at http://www.amazon.com/Data-Flow-Diagramming-Example-Requirements-ebook/dp/B00VECCGLO/
DESCRIPTION (lectures 7 – 9)
Looking inside a complex process on a Data Flow Diagram can reveal hidden data and uncover potential problem areas. The first step toward ultimately exploding or levelling a process is to identify the internal processes that will become visible on a more detailed Data Flow Diagram. The problem is that a detailed DFD should never have more than 7 plus/minus 2 processes. How do you know which processes to represent? In lectures 7-9 you will learn how to identify the “RIGHT” Processes for a Data Flow Diagram (DFD).
Lectures 7-9 answer questions like:
• What does “exploding a process” mean?
• What is the business value of doing it?
• What processes will the lower level diagram contain?
ABOUT THE ECOURSE
This KK is part of an eCourse (VIEW FULL COURSE DESCRIPTION AND OUTLINE at http://businessanalysisexperts.com/product/ecourse-data-flow-diagrams-context-model/). In this course you will learn the answers to these questions:
• What is a Data Flow Diagram (DFD) and what does it do for you?
• What is the difference between a Rigorous Physical Process Model and a Context-Level DFD?
• What symbols can you use on each type of diagram?
• What is the business value of exploding or levelling a DFD?
• What is a simple approach for drilling down into a process?
• How can you show the internal processes and flows that produce the results?
• What does balancing a Data Flow Diagram mean and what is the business value?
• What is the most efficient approach to balancing a DFD?
• What business value do detailed process specifications offer?
• How can you express detailed specifications for processes and data?
• What is “metadata” and why do you need it?
• What does a fully balanced DFD look like?
• What value does a DFD fragment provide?
To view more IT requirements training, visit the Business Analysis Learning Store at http://businessanalysisexperts.com/business-analysis-training-store/.
Unplug Your Staff and Reduce Their Stress!
We spend a lot time now on the internet, using our tools, in front of a display. And also it’s impacting our rest, our health and our efficiency. But what, as an organisation as well as a private, can you do regarding it?Is Your Smartphone Running Your Life?
Just how much time do you spend on your gadgets? Do they improve or conflict with your life? Who remains in control, you or them? Discover more in this interesting write-up as well as select up some ideas and strategies to reclaim control of your life and your time.Increase Your Productivity: 8 Things to Stop Doing Now
What’s actually hindering of reaching your service objectives? A few of the factors could be existing and also brand-new dedications, but to prosper it’s not always concerning taking much more activity or addressing even more issues. In some cases it’s simply understanding what not to do in order to liberate money, time and resources.Want To Speed Up Your Business? The Pluses And Minuses Of Barcode Technology
Whether you are the owner of a stockroom or preparing to run a tee tag of your own, barcode innovation will certainly play a bigger duty in forming up your efficiency. In the industrial sets up that entail hand-operated collection and also entrance of information, this technology can minimize the opportunities of human error. However prior to you get on the concept to introducing this modern technology into your day-to-day purchase as well as transport task, assessing the pros as well as disadvantages is necessary.Do You Lie to Yourself?
We lie to ourselves. We utilize reasons as well as reasons rather than do something about it. This is the failing to get what we want and create results.